Current UCAS and Art applications update »
When you enrol at Godalming College you will meet, and continue to be supported by a personal tutor and individual subject tutors.
Your personal tutor will see you each week for regular tutorial sessions and will:
- Support you through your academic course.
- Be your first point of contact for advice and guidance.
- Ensure you receive the careers guidance you need.
- Act as a communication channel for important information such as exam entries.
- Write your reference for Higher Education, employment or gap year.
Time is set aside for you to have regular, individual tutorials with your personal and subject tutors; we send progress reports home to all parents and guardians and run parents' evenings throughout the year.
Personal tutors are managed by senior tutors and subject tutors by directors of faculty. Your senior tutor looks after student guidance during your college life, including course choices, dealing with personal difficulties, career and higher education choices, and dealing with circumstances which affect individual learning. Directors of faculty look after subject areas and the teaching and learning in these areas.
All college managers, including the Principal also teach, so if you wish to see either a senior tutor or a director of faculty please make an appointment first. If you are unsure about who to contact, your personal tutor will be able to advise you.